Pulse oximeters are commonly used by healthcare professionals as a quick non-invasive way of determining how well your body is pumping oxygen throughout the body.
They are also used by people who enjoy sports such as running, cycling, climbing etc to help them monitor how well their body is coping with strenuous exercise.
The gizmos we have included on this page are simple devices that clip onto your finger and use infrared beams of light to detect the levels of oxygen present in blood vessels.
Results are displayed on the device as a simple percentage value, and some of them can even send the data to your smartphone.
As a general rule of thumb a value of anything below 90% is considered to be a low blood oxygen level and could potentially be a sign of problems.
Pulse Oximeters with Bluetooth & Smartphone Support
- Clinically tested for accuracy and reliability for use in both healthcare and sporting environments
- Stores data on your Smartphone which can then easily be shared with your doctor
- Includes a rechargeable battery via micro USB cable
- Conveniently measures both blood oxygen levels and and your pulse with the push of a button
- Automatic synchronization of your results to the free Beurer HealthCoach smartphone app
- Comes with a handy belt pouch and strap for improved portability
Stand-Alone Pulse Oximeters
There are plenty of options on the market when it comes to simple stand-alone devices.
They can provide you with a quick and accurate measurement of your blood oxygen levels, but do not include smartphone support.
Here we have taken a look at some of our favorite devices that are proving very popular with buyers too.
✅ Our WINNER Of Best Pulse Oximeters To Monitor Blood Oxygen
- Clear and bright OLED screen displays data in an easy to read format
- Provides not only your blood oxygen levels but also a plethysmograph and perfusion index
- Allows you to set an alarm to sound when your reading falls below your chosen level
- Hypoallergenic silicone finger chamber suitable for ages 12 and up
- Ships with batteries included so you can use it out of the box
- Accurate to within 2% making it comparable to medical grade oximeters
- Displays additional data to help you determine when best to take a reading
- Clear display can be rotated to 6 different layouts of your choice
- Bright color display shows readings for both blood oxygen levels & pulse rate
- Power saving feature puts device into sleep a few seconds after a reading
- Includes a detachable lanyard making this a great on the go device
- Displays blood oxygen saturation as well as pulse rate and pulse strength
- Ideal for use during high intensity sports activities and on the spot checking
- Included batteries will provide over 30 hours of continuous use
- Currently one of the best selling blood oximeters on the market
- Large LED display for easy to read blood oxygen saturation levels
- Package includes batteries, lanyard and silicone dust cover
Pulse Oximeters for Overnight Monitoring
- Comfortable soft ring design provides overnight readings without disturbing sleep
- Connects with most modern smatphones and stores hourly readings taken during the night
- Battery is charged using a micro USB cable to ensure continuous night-time monitoring
- Includes both a fingertip monitor for adults and a soft latex foot sensor for infants
- Can store up to 384 hours of overnight blood oxygen level data with high accuracy
- Package includes battery charger and carrying case with a 1 year device warranty