- 1 Introduction
- 2 ✅ Our Choice WINNER of Best Indoor Bike Trainer Exercise Stand
- 3 Budget Bike Trainers
- 4 High End Bike Trainers
Cycling is a great form of exercise that gives you a good cardiovascular workout whilst toning the leg muscles and developing core strength.
However, if the weather is bad and you don’t want to brave the elements you may decide to postpone your cycling exercise till another day.
Well that doesn’t need to be an obstacle anymore thanks to the indoor bike trainer exercise stand.
A simple piece of kit that can turn your regular outdoor bicycle into an indoor exercise bike in no time, meaning you can cycle at home, whatever the weather, and even enjoy it whilst watching TV.
✅ Our Choice WINNER of Best Indoor Bike Trainer Exercise Stand
- Features an updated reduced friction resistance wheel that prolongs the life of your tires
- The fluid resistance wheel replaces the old magnetic one to provide a realistic ride in almost silence
- The steel frame can be folded away for storage or portability and can be set up in just a few minutes
- Fitted with anti-slip rubber feet and dual locking system to eliminate wobbling
Budget Bike Trainers
There are plenty of budget options that come in at way under $100.
These units do a good job of replicating outdoor cycling thanks to their adjustable magnetic resistance units, and most can be folded away for easy storage or travel.
Here are a couple of budget bicycle trainer stands that should have everything the casual cyclists needs to turn their cycle into an effective exercise bike.
Bike Lane Premium Indoor Bicycle Trainer Stand
- Change through 5 resistance levels simply by changing gears
- Built with a heavy duty steel frame and boasts a foldaway design for easy storage & travel
- Compatible with most road & mountain bikes
RAD Cycles Max Racer PRO Resistance Bicycle Trainer
- State of the art magnetic resistance system for realistic replication of outdoor cycling
- Provides ultimate stability indoors thanks to the extra wide legs
- Lightweight and collapsible design for quick set up and take down times
High End Bike Trainers
These professional standard indoor bike trainers generally utilize fluid resistance units rather than magnetic ones.
Fluid resistance provides a more road-like experience because they provide progressive resistance.
They also often have a few more bells and whistles than the budget options, such as cycling computers to give you data about your ride.
These higher end stands tend to have a sturdier frame and come with a lifetime warranty to back that up, meaning it will be the only indoor bike trainer you will ever have to buy.
Let’s take a look at a few of the big players’ offerings.
CycleOps Fluid2 Indoor Trainer
- A hugely popular fluid resistance trainer that provides ultra quiet indoor training
- Compatible with all the popular virtual training apps including Zwift, Rouvy & TrainerRoad
- Made in the USA with fully recyclable and rust proof 2 inch steel
Kinetic by Kurt Rock and Roll Smart 2 Trainer
- Offers an unmatched replication of an outside ride indoors thanks to the progressive resistance unit
- Sturdy construction of steel & aluminium with rubberized feet for extra stability
- Full smartphone app compatibility delivers accurate metrics to your phone or laptop